Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

labyrinths in kentucky

My dear friend, Jen, just sent me this link this morning after reading the latest issue of THE SPIRIT OF VERIDITAS, VOICES FROM THE LABYRINTH. Thanks for supporting me so much, Jen. I love you!

This program aired on the Kentucky PBS affiliate station KET several years ago and will be on again locally on April 4th. It is called "Labyrinths in Kentucky."

What makes this 18 1/2 minute segment so sacred to me is the fact that the very first labyrinth I ever walked in my life back in the fall of 2001 is one of the featured labyrinths. The mowed grass labyrinth at The Church of the Epiphany in Anchorage, Kentucky no longer exists as a beautiful permanent paved labyrinth has since replaced it. (My husband walked it a few years ago while back in Louisville on business, but I have yet to see it).

Anyway, that incredible first moment on the Path came alive for me again in this beautiful video on this very morning. I was instantly returned to the beauty of the place where it all began for me. I was standing in the very spot where I first felt God's unmistakable prompting to my heart, "Robin, remove your shoes for you are on sacred ground."

I did. I was. And I have been ever since....

Enjoy the video for yourself:http://www.ket.org/kentuckylife/1000s/kylife1022.html

The television program also includes footage of Master Labyrinth Builder, Robert Ferre', who I was blessed to train with in October 2009. With a band of volunteers, we constructed the newest Louisville labyrinth at Historic Farmington. (Pics and video are available here in my October blog archives).

Peace for your path today and always.

Love,
Robin

No comments: