Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Monday, February 27, 2012

yesterday. a year.

Is this your angel-eye view of my coffee table right now? I hope so.

I miss you.

I meant to mark anniversary of your ascent in an extremely special way yesterday. I intended to write you a poem - or some other fitting kind of tribute - or conduct a private ceremony or make some unique remembrance of Love.

 But, I did not. Yet I did remember. All of us did. All day long.

What I did do, today, just now, was read a bit of Thomas Merton, take a nap, wake up slowly with you in my heart, sit quietly and perfectly still,  pet my dog, walk the labyrinth with my fingers (the same one you walked, too) while taking the time to really FEEL every crevice and turn completely, and then, finally, I lit a candle in your honor. 

It's oh so many colors, Virginia, - a mosaic of brilliance - flaming bright in the center of our Circle of Friends. Just like you.

And it shall burn all day and then on and on in my heart for all days - for always...

Peace for your Path, Friend. 
I  love you,
Robin




No comments: