Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone has had a lovely, love-filled day.....

I was thinking so much about one of my favorite lullabies that I used to sing to our son when he was tiny. It is actually a poem called "Seal Lullaby" from THE JUNGLE BOOK by Rudyard Kipling. Shawn Colvin recorded it on one of her albums and she sings it much (much!) better than me. I hope you might find and enjoy her recording.

Oh! hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us, 
   And black are the waters that sparkled so green. 
The moon, o'er the combers, looks downward to find us 
   At rest in the hollows that rustle between. 
Where billow meets billow, there soft be thy pillow; 
   Ah, weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease! 
The storm shall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee, 
   Asleep in the arms of the slow-swinging seas. 

As I continue to pray daily for Mother Ocean (please join me at "OceanPrayer" on Twitter), this song seemed particularly appropriate today.

Peace for your Path,
Robin

No comments: