Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Sunday, September 25, 2011

we make you kindly welcome...


... even ye googly-eyed folks! 

It was a really nice morning. Wearing my sunglasses turned out to be just fine with everyone. They gave all the new members these lovely yellow roses right before the service. I added my son's goofy eyeball glasses to the pic to make me smile once I got them home. I told my mishap story enough this morning to sweet friends that I am finally beginning to be able to laugh about it. Turns out, other people have had similarly klutzy experiences, too. 

This afternoon I am remembering all the many churches in my life's history: my kindergarten/confirmation/marriage church, my husband's growing-up church, our couple-first-beginning-to- grow-together-in-faith/Disciple/bible study/service/UMW/new baby/Companions in Christ/labyrinth/spiritual formation/always our Circle of Friends church, our Florida labyrinth church, and now our newest church home.

Our family is truly blessed with the memories of all our treasured friends we have met along this Spiritual Journey of Many Churches. And I think what I have come to understand is that it maybe matters not so much where you worship, but rather that you do so with humble people that you love who are simply seeking and sharing life together as they attempt to grow in their Faith as well. 




No comments: