Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Thursday, February 11, 2010

a meditation by Madeleine L'Engle

This author has been the source of much Light on the path for me ever since I first read A WRINKLE IN TIME as a young girl. I have read it countless times since then along with Madeleine L'Engle's many other beautiful spiritual memoirs.

Here is the August 9th devotional from GLIMPSES OF GRACE: DAILY THOUGHTS AND REFLECTIONS edited by Mrs. L'Engle's dear friend, Carol F. Chase. I know it is not August, but I needed to remind myself of this Truth right now.....

FORGIVENESS IS A GIFT

And ultimately forgiveness is a gift of grace rather than an act of will. I have to be willing to forgive, but I cannot will myself to forgive. I can forgive with my mind, but forgiveness is finally a matter of the heart. And the forgiveness of the heart comes from God, not from me. My part in it is to be willing to accept it. One test which indicates whether or not forgiveness has really taken place is to look at whatever it is that needs to be forgiven and see if it still hurts. If it does, forgiveness has not yet happened. But I have also learned, and I have learned it through pain, that I must be patient with myself. Just as my body is going to need more time to complete its healing from the physical trauma of the accident, so my heart, my spirit, also need time, and I, ever impatient, must be patient with myself. - Madeleine L'Engle

Peace for your Path.

Love,
Robin