Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

last week's gift from the sea (for me)

This was the Earth Day 2012 story I wanted to share...

When I feel all out of sorts, I head for the beach. A long walk, all by myself, helps me to clear out the gunk in my brain. It took at least half an hour last week for me to even begin to get my breathing under control, 
I was wound so incredibly tight.

I saw a very unique coral-tipped shell moments after I vowed silently that this particular morning would not be a time of beach combing for sea glass or any of my other favorite treasures like heart stones or sea beans. 

No, this walk was all about listening to God. No silliness. No self-indulgence. Just hard, fast walking and deep, intentional listening. Though my iPhone was in my pocket, I promised myself I would not even take any photos.

Absolutely NO blogging!
(yeah, right)

And so, I kept on moving...



But soon I noticed more, and more and then still more of these pretty little shells all along the water's edge.


And finally, I could not take it one more moment. I just had to pick one up and hold it in my hand. And I found, it was not a shell at all, but rather a pink-tipped rose petal - just as soft and as delicate as could be.



And so, I told the Ocean, from the bottom of my heart:





"I thank you. I love you. I see you. I hear you. I feel you. And I will protect you."



And that was our newest beginning...



No comments: