Peace for your Path...

"peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (unknown) http://www.labyrinthwellness.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

in the silence we can hear the song.....listen.

I am hoping for more quiet time as this new Lenten season begins. Perhaps I should rephrase that.....I am hoping that I can try to become quiet and remain still each and every day for longer and longer amounts of time.

I have watched enough of the Star Wars movies to know the wise words of Yoda, "Do or do not. There is no try." So maybe "hope" is a bit of a cop-out word. Perhaps I need to get more "all in."

The Thursday after Ash Wednesday always feels like a fresh start to me. Yet, although I often set out on my Lenten journey with the very best intentions, in a few weeks, I usually disappoint myself. My past failures on this path have enabled me to choose to remain a bit tentative.

This is why my "Word of the Day" in The Motherhood circle is "Discipline". For me, it is not as much about giving something up for Lent (although our young son has challenged me to let go of my anxiety - but that is another blog for another day!) as it is about being faithful to add in the time required to be still and to be led by God EVERY SINGLE DAY without excuse.

I feel sure it is less about my journey and really all about following God's Path set for me. So, then, why is this so hard???

Our minister last night said that we each have the incredible opportunity to come back to the altar on Easter Sunday, much closer to God than we are right now. He said we each have been given the gift of six full weeks to make deepening our relationship with God our heart's most authentic desire. To pursue this desire as a goal may potentially change us forever.

Will we do that? Will I?

Here is today's quote from my favorite daily calendar. It reminds me that being silent and being attentive truly is the first step that I personally need to take this Lenten season. I hope you will discover your own "first step" and join me.

"Only when the clamor of the outside world is silenced will you be able to hear the Deeper Vibration. Listen carefully. Spirit's playing your song." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

May we all soon meet on the Path....Peace to you.

No comments: